For someone to pause in front of a painting instead of just walking on by is what I strive for in my work. If my artwork makes a connection with the viewer then my goal has been achieved and this becomes my greatest source of satisfaction. I like to paint mundane things where the emphasis is on color, contrast and rhythm and painted in an Impressionist style. I turn to a vast inventory of photographs and sketches from all the places we’ve lived and traveled for inspiration.
The mixed media drawings are a total departure from painting for me as they are detailed renderings – mostly landscapes – done in pastel, colored pencil and pen & ink. As your eye travels over a picture, there is the softness of a pastel sky interrupted by pen & ink, gnarly tree trunks across a landscape of coastal grasses, sand and water.
The abstract oil series is yet another exploration into color, shape and texture. These large canvases have a subtle textural undercoating of gesso that when painted over draws the viewer even farther into the picture creating depth and interest.
BA Degree Art – Marywood University, Scranton, PA Masters Degree Art Education – Southern Conn. State University, New Haven, Conn.
- Further study at the Art league School, Alexandria VA
- Member of Washington Project for the Arts/Corcoran, Washington, DC
- Member of Western New York Artists Group, Buffalo, NY
- Exhibited in New York, Maryland, West Virginia, Pennsylvania
- Gallery representation:
- J. Cooper Gallery, Shepherdstown, WV
- Monsoon Gallery, Bethlehem, PA
- Albright Knox Sales Rental Gallery, Buffalo, NY
- Society of Bluffton Artists, Bluffton, SC